Well this is not a hard and fast rule. But this rule is applicable in your own interest. Be not the one who proposes to first. You can propose as a joke that is, you immediately make it clear it was a joke. The
|Make her propose to you|
- Make her want you: When you both have a great and deep friendship and you still haven’t proposed to her, she will be thinking why you haven’t done so. Also she will be thinking of you more often than not. She will feel irritated when she realizes that she also has feelings for you and you are not reciprocating the same. Her that irritation is good.
- Ball is in your court: When you propose, you are giving her the chance to either accept you or reject you. And even if you say yes the very first time the reverse might not be true. When you propose to her she might give numerous ways why she cannot say yes. But when it her who has proposed the ball is in your court.
- You don’t seem desperate: When you wait for her to propose or at least make it clear that she is interested in you, you make her feel that you are not desperate and have stronger positive attitude and personality. Trust me she will respect you for that.
- Women like strong men who take action. Really? Yes and No. They do like it when men take action but you making them irritated by not taking action is more beneficial as by not proposing you are not being a weak man. You are being a man who doesn’t know about his feelings just like any actual MAN. The real man, who doesn’t go around town proposing women. It also means that you value her and the friendship with her which is very, very important.
- She will value you: When finally you do start a relation, she will always cherish you as her conquer as she was the one who proposed and conquered you and not the other way round.
What to do when she proposes (if she proposes that is)?
- When she finally proposes, say NO: What? Really? Yes, you read it right. When she finally says she has feelings for you, you say no. How? Ohk. When she has finished proposing or opening her heart- you say “You are not joking right? (Silence for some time) I value our friendship. I have had (or seen) (depending whether you had bad experiences and she knows about it or when you have seen some friends of you suffering) some bad experiences where the friendship broke cause of starting a relationship. I really have very strong feelings for you but I don’t want the same to happen to us. I don’t want to lose you forever. So can I tell you after some time? Till then can we continue to be just friends?” This like- HELL or sometimes not. I mean here the thing is you have made it clear that you have thought about it but haven’t said so because you value her friendship. Though above line is really cheesy, it works.
- Your time to say YES: Well, try to remain friends for some days or maybe a week. Then if she pesters you for an answer, smile and say “you my dear have stolen my heart away”. If that doesn't work I don’t know what will.
The steps mentioned here have their chances of screw ups also. So you are advised to follow them at your discretion. The major problem that can occur is you overdo your part of not proposing and she also doesn't yield to speaking her heart out. In those situations though there are some ways in which you maybe able to make her speak out. But here I would advice you to listen to your heart and do as it says as no one knows better than you. Well, I have not been posting for such a long time and now as I have readers and often am asked doubts I thought of continuing this blog. So this is a dedication to all those who followed this blog and to all those who will in the future. Cya and Happy dating...